Negotiate win-win agreements and build positive relationships
Equip professionals with a negotiating strategy to appreciate their customer’s position and represent their own company's interests.
Sales professionals and managers who negotiate on a regular basis.
Through practical exercises focused on your work experience, you will learn about:
- Organizing thoughts and company needs before the negotiation
- Setting a positive tone from the start
- Actively listening to the client’s position
- Uncovering what’s behind that position
- Moving towards an agreement
- Using new counteroffer techniques
- Establishing a walkaway position
- Creating options
- Ending on a positive note
- Initial Assessment: Every participant begins by role-playing a negotiation. Instructor, peers and the participant contribute to an understanding of each participant’s skills.
- Prepare your Position: Define your strategy before the negotiation begins.
- Open the Dialogue: Begin the conversation in a way that encourages customers to help you understand their issues.
- Listen Actively: Show the customer that you understand their position, while updating and clarifying your information.
- Probe for Rationale: Explore your customer's position to build steps towards an agreement.
- Solicit / Make the first Offer: Set a constructive tone for the initial offer/ counter-offer.
- Create Options: Expand the list of issues that factor into a negotiation and increase your opportunities for an agreement.
- Prepare Counteroffers: Use your options to build better win-win counteroffers.
- Decline and Explain: Participants will learn to confidently present the reasons for their position, before presenting a counteroffer.
- Communicating Counteroffers: A skill to deliver the variables of a negotiation powerfully and compellingly.
- Confirm Agreements: You conclude the negotiation with a mutual understanding of the terms reached in the agreement.